Friday, October 11, 2013

the day of the girl



Dear Daughters,

My three, beautiful, smart daughters. Today is celebrate the day of the girl. And I am so blessed to be able to celebrate this day, times three.

I've written a lot of letters in the past to each of you. They usually talk about what I hope you learn and the future but today? The day of the girl. I'm going to talk about the present.

Sometimes you all fight, yell and even push each other. Sometimes you all want to be alone and not be bothered by your sisters. And I think I must be doing something wrong. I fear you all will hate each other when you're older. But then I catch moments like these...

Sisters snuggled on the floor, sleeping soundly.



















The look in your eyes, Kyleigh, when you look at Kayla. They turn into little crescent moons and sparkle.

You all wrapping your arms around each other when I want to take a picture. Or Kinsley leaning into your big sister.



































Kinsley pretending to suck her thumb like Kyleigh. She holds her thumb in her mouth just because her sister is.





















I hear your giggles. And see you all playing. The oldest leading. The younger two following along because they all want to be like their big sister. And then sometimes, when I'm really lucky, I get a glimpse into how strong each of your bonds are with me.

I feel it in the way Kinsley hugs me. And in the way Kyleigh and I laugh. And in the way Kayla's face lights up like she's seeing some secret magical thing when I tell her how proud I am of her.

And in these moments I realize I must of done something right. This right here is better than what I ever dreamed of.

You are all so beautiful in your own way. You each have your own unique talents. Some very much developed, other talents are still developing. Kayla, you are a remarkable artist, a perfectionist and so determined in everything you do. Kyleigh, you are witty and clever and our free-spirited child. And Kinsley, you are vigilant and loving and so much more that we haven't discovered yet. You each complete our little family but one thing is the same about each one of you. I love you three with every ounce of my being and I want better than the best for you.

So today, on the day of the girl, I celebrate each of you because you all are very special. Just the way you are. I've loved you since the minute you were born, and even before that. And I will continue to love you, just the way you are and just the way you become.

I love you,
Mama

"From here to the moon and back, who else in this world would love you like that?"

1 comment:

  1. So touching and beautifully written Megan. Your girls are so lucky to have you loving them and recording these thoughts and moments for them to treasure as they get older.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...