Friday, June 7, 2013

mcdonalds for breakfast, a brownie for snack.

This morning when my alarm went off at 7:15 am I hit dismiss instead of snooze. I've been doing that a lot the past 2 weeks. I rolled over and went back to sleep. When I woke up I felt like I had been asleep forever. It was only 7:37. I laid in bed, checked facebook and instagram. I waited until 8:10 before I even moved. That's when Kayla finally woke up. It was 8:25 when she asked what was for breakfast...and that's when I realized the only thing we have for breakfast that she will eat is pancakes and not the frozen kind either. And I don't have enough time to make them. So I tell her to hurry and get shoes and socks I'm getting her McDonald's. I throw a brownie in her book bag for snack. Yeah, you read that right...a brownie. And I realize we didn't do last night's homework because I haven't been checking her folder. I grab her clipboard and a pencil and we run out the door...in the pouring rain.

For the record this whole school year she hasn't missed a day. (Well, one when she got a tooth pulled but that was it!) We haven't missed the bus...not even once. And today, even though I dropped her off at school, we could've made the bus but she wouldn't have had time to eat. I thought eating was more important than catching the bus.

I'm so ready for next Friday when school will be out. Ready for the late nights, the sleeping-in, the not having to wake Kyleigh and Kinsley up Monday through Friday. (Can you believe even after 9 months of school I still have to wake them up every. single. day??) I'm done with checking folders and making healthy snacks. I'm ready for the pool and changing outfits 3 times a day. Not being on a schedule....and then 2 weeks after all of that I'll be ready for school to start again. The cycle never ends...

Now onto some photos from our life lately.










2 comments:

  1. Gracie woke up this morning BEGGING to go to the bakery. We probably go once every two months on a weekend morning. She asked so nicely and so many times that McMister actually gave in and took her before work! Sounds like a sweets morning all around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad school is out! I still have to work but Hubsy is home and the boys get to sleep in...the only one I have to get ready in the morning is me :) It's so nice to stay up a little later and sleep in a little later....yes 5:50am is sleeping in for me. Someday this un-godly wake-up time will change, just not soon enough!

    I love the pictures of them in their suits...such little bathing beauties!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...