Wednesday, January 30, 2013

letters to my daughters | kyleigh


here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
- e.e. cummings

my dearest kyleigh,
i listen to you playing. talking. and there is a sweetness about you. you are wise beyond your years. almost 5 years ago god knew i needed you. so he took something away from me. and i waited anxiously 16 months to find out about you. and then i waited another 9 months for your arrival. i don't know how to put into words what you did for me. the moment you were placed into my arms there was a sadness in me that was taken away. you gave me a piece of your heart and made mine whole. when i look into your eyes i feel you staring back into my soul. how is it that one tiny little person has done so much in such a short time? i don't think you'll ever know the love i have for you.

these are the last few months that we'll have together before you go off to preschool. from what i learned when your sister went is that once preschool starts the time just flies by. i'll miss our one on one time together. i know we don't tell each other i love you as often as i tell your sisters. but when we do say i love you there is meaning behind it. you come up and rub my arm just so, telling me you love me. our relationship is different. i laugh more with you than i do them. i am not uptight when we are together and playing like i sometimes am with kayla. you are the calm to my storm.

you amaze me everyday with something you do. something you say. you are so smart. i honestly think you are too smart for a 2 year old. the things you know. the things you say aren't things a 2 year old says. you are funny. and caring. and snuggly. you are a daddy's girl but when something is wrong you cry for your mama. 

i can't believe in less than 3 months you will be 3 years old. where has the time gone? i wish it would slow down. i wish you would slow down my sweet girl. 

i love you to the moon and back,
mama












3 comments:

  1. So sweet, per usual! Kyleigh is hilarious. I loved when she was at my house and just says, "Take my picture!" and was all, "Is there a monster upstairs?" So flippin' cute. Can't wait to see you gals again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such precious sweetness she is, glad I get to "know" her through you :) Sweet letter mama!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...